Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

I've begun to notice some rather strong traits in my children. Some I like, and some need some, uhm, restructuring? No, tempering? Maybe. Cultivating. Yeah. That's it.

Today, when you notice things about your child, try to see the positive point about it.  Are they a little bossy? They are probably going to make a good teacher one day. Endlessly arguing and debating with you? Tirelessly closing the loophole? A fantastic lawyer, I say! Can't keep that kid from climbing to the top of everything and being a daredevil? They will probably make a good fireman or rescue worker. Are they black and white in their thought process? Totally good for engineering.

Now if I can just figure out how to take that trait and channel it properly. Oh yeah. . . Leadership through serving. But I'll tackle that next week. ;-)

Yours, looking for the sunshine,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment