Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Funny!

When I first found out we were having a baby, I had all of these ideas of how everything would be. Of course, it was a picture perfect world. Our children would be so well behaved, geniuses, and be speaking fluent French by the age of five. HA-HA! Life was somewhat idyllic when they were infants. Once they became mobile, it was over. Little by little Z1, and then eventually Z2, completely changed my perspective on how life was shaping up to be. Fluent French? Surely I jest! These days I'm happy to be able to get a complete thought out of my mouth without being interrupted or having the sentence finished for me. In fact, I'm beginning a whole list of thoughts. . . the ones I never knew I would say as a parent. . .

1.) No, honey, your T-Rex does not eat the Baby Jesus or the Wise Men.

2.) Son-of-mine, WHY are you wearing 13 pairs of underwear? (I'm telling you, his underwear area looked like one of those plastic, molded Superman figurines).

3.) Little Bear, what kind of dance is that? (This was after I told him to "Get up and shake it off.")

4.) Hey! Hey! How did you get up to the top shelf in the pantry? (I said THIS when he was about 10 months old. This was the day my reality changed).

5.) No, you may not fluff (Pass gas) on demand.


I'll try to post more as the day goes by and I remember them. Would LOVE to hear YOUR sentences.. . .

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment