Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Tidbit- Easy Recipe for Tonight


It's Tuesday, and the the Tuesday before one of my very, very, very most favorite weekends of the year. While most people will be traveling over the Memorial Day Weekend, I will be holing up with about 25 other song writers at a retreat center writing my fingers to the bone and soaking up every single drop of creative goodness. It's my songwriting New Year. This weekend is completely sacred to me as a songwriter, but that's another blog post entirely.

So to keep things simple around here, I plan meals accordingly. Nothing too fancy this week, because I have a million other things to get done. Here is one recipe (found in the Kraft Cooking Magazine) that I have used that the kids LOVE and it's quick and easy. (Warning: probably NOT Weight Watcher friendly. Sorry, Karen). Here's what you need:

Chicken Italiano Skillet

2 chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 can diced tomatoes, with Italian seasonings, undrained
1 clove garlic
1 green pepper
1 cup of water
1 box Kraft Mac and Cheese dinner (Yeah, totally NOT WW friendly!)

Cook and dice the chicken. Put the chicken back in the skillet and add the green pepper (and onion, if you desire). Stir in the tomatoes, water and uncooked macaroni. (I also like to add fresh basil here). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in the Cheese Sauce until blended.

EASY PEASY! Enjoy!

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment