Wednesday, May 26, 2010

IT’S SUMMERTIME! NOW WHAT???


OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! SUMMER’S HERE! NOW WHAT? It’s one thing to talk hypothetically about what to do over the summer, and about how nice it’s going to be to relax with the kids at the pool all summer, but now that it’s actually HERE, I’m going into a bit of a panic mode!

How will I schedule my exercise into my morning? (The kids HATE going to the gym with me. Not that I won’t make them go anyway, but of course I’ll have to hear the whining that goes along with it every day I drag their sorry butts there!) How will I work on the new book? (My laptop has one of those nice shiny screens that reflects everything, so when I take it outside, all I can see is ME, not what’s on the screen!) How will I keep my sanity? (There’s not enough Prozac in the world to help me with that one!)

Okay, deep breaths. You can do this, Karen. You’ve done it before, and you chose to be a WAHM, didn’t you?

So what’s different this year? Two things: First, we are SO CLOSE to finishing our new book, I hate to lose the momentum we have. But mostly, my boys, who have always gotten along so well, have suddenly become much more physical with each other. They don’t just argue, they do their best to inflict pain on one another now. Is it their age? (They turned 9 in February.) Do they spend too much time together? (If so, summer is certainly not going to help that situation.) If there are any moms of boys out there with some insight, lay it on me, because it’s driving me up a wall!

Okay, I think I’ve calmed down a bit. Wait, no I haven’t! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! SUMMER’S HERE!

Karen

1 comment: