Sunday, May 16, 2010

JEN LANCASTER'S BOOK SIGNING

You've heard me talk about Jen Lancaster before, and even review her books, Bitter Is The New Black, among others. But the other night, I had the pleasure of going to see her in person, not really sure what to expect. Would she live up to my expectations? Would she be as funny in person as she is in her books? By the end of the evening, would I still love, love, love her?

YES, YES YES!!!

This woman is SO. DAMN. FUNNY! I don't want to sound like a groupie (even though I totally am) but I want to be her BFF! First she read a chapter from her book, inserting even MORE footnotes (she writes with footnotes kind-of the way I put little notes in parentheses and NO, I didn't get it from her...probably) then she answered questions from the audience. All in all, she was up there for a bit more than an hour, which was way longer than any of us expected.
After that, of course she signed books for us. Since she FOLLOWS ME ON TWITTER, I had her sign mine: To Karen, my Twitter Pal! You know, since she FOLLOWS ME. (Can you tell I'm really excited about that?) She even took pictures with anyone who asked (see left!).
I can't really review her new book, My Fair Lazy, yet because I'm still reading it, but I can say that it's as funny as all of her others. Actually, the full title is My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is The New Black, Or, A Culture-Up Manifesto. Hmmmm!

So be sure to pick up her new book, or any of her other ones. If you want to get an idea of her writing style, take a look at her blog. Be aware that she cusses a lot, but it just adds to her charm! Jen Lancaster is one snarky lady!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment