Monday, October 12, 2009

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY

Why is it that our moods are so closely tied to the weather? If it’s sunny, we’re happy, if it’s rainy, we’re gloomy. But why? Why can’t I rejoice in sunshinethe fact that it’s a rainy Monday? Or why wouldn’t it ever get me down if we have a sunny weekend?

For that matter, why do so many other things affect our moods? You’d think somebody died here in St. Louis this weekend, all because of sports. Our Cardinals were swept out of the pennant race, the Blues lost, the Rams lost (no big surprise there!) and even Mizzou lost this weekend. Really? Do we let SPORTS dictate our moods now?

I know, it’s just surface stuff. But just in case you need something to cheer you up, here are some of my favorites:

  • My children laughing and giggling with each other after they go to bed.
  • Putting something on that hasn’t fit me in a really long time, and finding that it’s even a bit loose on me.
  • Reading a really funny comic that is SO ME!
  • Seeing a fabulous play in a beautiful theatre. (Phantom of the Opera last night in the historical Fox Theatre. Sigh!)
  • A great song on the radio and singing at the top of your lungs in the car.
  • Hugs and kisses from just about anyone. (Okay, not complete strangers! But my dog qualifies!)
These are just a few of “my favorite things.” What are yours?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment