Friday, October 9, 2009

MY 100 POUND “BABY”

I know that most of you who read this blog have children. But what about your babies? You know, the furry faced, four legged babies? Here are my two:

biz and sophie

This picture is actually a never-seen-before Kodak Moment! The cat only barely tolerates the dog, and Bismark (the black one!) is scared to death of Sophie (the gray one!). If she is on the steps, minding her own business just sitting there, he won’t pass her. He’ll stand there, waiting for her to move, or for me to move her, so he can go either up or down. (Of course, we all know that she isn’t just “minding her own business just sitting there,” don’t we? Cats can be SO mean spirited!)

But the fear of a 13 pound cat is only part of the story. Bismark is only 4 years old, and he is SCARED TO DEATH of thunder. He didn’t used to be, but over the past year or so he’s gotten worse and worse about it. So of course most thunderstorms occur at night, right? He used to just crawl into bed with us, but at our feet. Or he’d lay down next to my side of the bed, as close as he possibly could.

057 But that just wasn’t good enough for him. Now he climbs (and I am not making this up) ON MY HEAD! He’s somehow trying to get between the wall and my pillow, but of course there’s no space there at all. So I try to push him off, but not only is he almost 100 pounds, but he is super strong. And since it’s the middle of the night and I’ve just been woken up by a dog on my head, I don’t have a lot of strength!

So eventually I scoot my pillow down a couple of feet so he can climb up and curl around my head, so that his head is in between DH and I to get the MAXIMUM amount of comfort as possible.

Are all dogs this wussy? I seriously might have to get him some doggy downers!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Yep, all dogs are wussy. And all cats like to toy with them. And other cats. And people. :P

    ReplyDelete