Thursday, October 22, 2009

MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRET

I have a confession: I am absolutely, without a doubt, one of the MOST disorganized people ever. This is my dirty little secret, which hopefully my cub scout pack will never figure out, or they may wonder why I volunteered to be the pack treasurer. (Okay, I use the term “volunteer” VERY loosely since nobody else was volunteering and everyone wasconfused woman staring at me. I mean, really? What was I to do?)

But even worse than that, Melissa and I are writing a series of books to help folks organize different areas of their lives. How bizarre is that? I know what you’re wondering… Did Melissa know this little secret of mine before we went into business together? Well, not exactly. Okay, NO, not at all. But I don’t think it took her too long to figure it out!

Our first book is By The Book: How To Take Care of MY Kids. It’s a workbook for parents to complete with information about THEIR kids for their caregivers. It is chock full of forms to fill out, information to document, schedules to update, etc. It is the BEST way to keep all this stuff organized for your babysitter, whomever that might be. (Yes, of COURSE I use it for my own personal use. Well, okay, I use it sometimes. Um, every so often? Sigh!)

So you see my dilemma. In the business world, I give the appearance of an organized, confident business owner. But in real life, I’m really a disorganized business owner and a very confused mom!

Shhhhh, don’t tell anyone, okay?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment