Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WEDNESDAY WHATEVER: IS IT AGE OR T.M.I?

My husband thinks there is something seriously wrong with me and I should be checked out by a neurologist. My neighbors see me leave in my car, only to return 30 seconds later and run inside and out again. Sometimes the cycle repeats before I am gone for good. My kids get annoyed at me when they don’t have everything they need for school or football or whatever.

So what’s got everyone up in arms? I FORGET EVERYTHING!!! Not just questionmarksthe occasional “Oops!” but EVERYTHING! Everyone jokes about going into a room and forgetting why they went there, but when it happens ALL THE TIME, it gets a bit frustrating. Or I’ll put something right by my purse or the door to remember to bring it with me when I leave the house, but there it stays, long after I’ve left.

So what’s wrong with me? I know my age has a lot to do with it. So does having kids. Oh, and starting a new business. And writing a blog (although, thankfully I only do 2 days each week and Melissa does the other 3). And then there’s being a cub scout den leader. Oh, don’t forget being the pack treasurer. I guess I should mention my obsession about food and every calorie that enters my mouth because I’m trying to lose weight. And it’s not enough to exercise almost every day, now I listen to teleseminars on my iPod during my work-outs.

But still… Many other people have much more on their plates, and they aren’t as forgetful as I am. I’d love to give you some specific examples, but I can’t remember any!

Sigh, somehow I don’t think it’s going to get any better, is it? Wait, what was I talking about?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment