Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday Thoughts. . . .

Melissa here. . .  . Time for Thursday Thoughts.

1. I sent my "Open Letter to the President" to the White House. If you don't hear from me for a few days, you can just figure the FBI had enough. 

2. I learned an important lesson yesterday. Wednesdays are the Secret Motorized Shopping Cart Races at Walmart.  Seriously. I got ran over not once but TWICE by people twice my age moving faster than me whose reflex time to hit the break is, well, slower than I'd like it to be. God bless them, I know I'll be there one day myself, but from now on, I'm avoiding Walmart on Wednesday afternoons.

3. Untangling white Christmas lights is for the birds. After untangling five strands last night (for a party), I now know why people give up and buy new ones. Don't even get me started on the frustration of the middle section of lights that don't light up. 

4. And here is one that has always vexed me: In a nearby county, there is a road called Boone's Lick Road. Every time I see it, I can't help but wonder,"Who is Boone and why is he licking the road anyway? Surely Daniel Boone was smarter than that!" It bothered me so much I spent a half hour on Google figuring it out.  And no, I'm not telling. Otherwise I would be giving you the fish and not teaching you to be a fisherman. Hhmmph.

And those are my thoughts on this fine, rainy Thursday morning. Let's hope it dries up for the rest of the weekend!

Yours,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment