Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Funny- Complete Randomness

It's Friday! I'm so close to the break in the end of semester/session tension I can feel it. I can't see it yet, but I know it's just around the corner. It's that time of the school year season where everything just crunches together, so I get a little tweaked during these last few weeks. I would love to be one of those completely unflappable, gracious under any circumstance people, but let's just agree it's a Personal Safety Day in the B House. 


It's a bit random around here, with everyone's activities coming to the year end, so today I'll celebrate that randomness with completely unconnected thoughts-as if to imply all my other thoughts are somehow woven together in a cohesive manner. Sheesh. I'm crackin' myself up already.


THE Talk continues... Z1 actually said the "V" word the other day. It was just strange hearing that word come out of my 11 yr old's mouth. We've transitioned to using the real and appropriate body part names, which is a good thing, a growing thing. Then he asked me if it was The Magic Lamp. HUH? I'm still trying to figure that one out. 


I misspelled the name Beethoven this week. I thought I was going to have to go lie down. When my sister found out she said, dryly,"I thought I felt the universe wobble today."


Hhmph. Clearly she does not sympathize with what that mishap did to my psyche. 


It's been raining a lot here in The Lou. On Tuesday, it took me an hour and a half- NO LIE- to get my hair contained. I washed it with a salon shampoo and it made my hair so full. Scary to small children full. I looked like this character but only blonde:




 I ended up pulling back into a huge bun on the back of my head. It was the only way to make it safely through the day.


Yours, looking forward to the break in the clouds!


Melissa







No comments:

Post a Comment