Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Sass-It Happened. He knows. I think.

So Thursday my son tells me they watched a video with all the boys in 5th grade. As The Hubs was nowhere to be found, I hesitated to traverse these waters alone. (I don't swim well. I pretty much just sink.) Nevertheless, knowing it was going to have to be dealt with, I took a deep breath and jumped in despite my natural sinking abilities. 


"What kind of film was is?" I asked, knowing full well what he was going to tell me, and chastising myself for not going through his take home folder more regularly so that I would have actually SEEN the notice they send home beforehand...


"You know, Mom, all about growing up," he replied nonchalantly. "They told me I was going to get hair under my arms and around my privates. That I'm going to sweat a lot during my sleep. That everything about this is comPLETELY NORMAL. And something about "sterm" and yellow fluid."


"Sterm? Hmmm.... Maybe you mean "sperm"?" I asked, desperately trying to contain the coming onslaught of giggles.


"Yeah. Something like that. I don't know. I watched it and I'm done. I'm just going to go through some changes. That's all."


You can say that again!


And with that, the subject matter turned to the Social Studies quiz for Friday and my breathing resumed its regular rate.


Yours, thankful he's just going to "go through some comPLETELY NORMAL changes",


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment