Monday, June 28, 2010

QUALITY FAMILY TIME…REVISED!

ice creamSaturday night, my family and I went out to dinner, like we always do,  and after dinner stopped for ice-cream, like we usually do (I get to have one bite from everyone’s!) then went back home to sit around the pool and eat our ice-cream.  It was a lovely evening, just sitting together, enjoying each other’s company and spending quality time with one another.

That is, until I took a look around at each of us and realized… HEY!!!   WE’RE NOT TOGETHER AT ALL!!!  Each of us was sitting with our own hand-held electronic, totally absorbed in whatever little screen we were staring at.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  And I was JUST AS GUILTY!!!  (I HATE when that happens, and I can’t just blame it on DH!)

My husband was playing with his new phone, doing who-knows-what, electronicsEric was playing a game on the PSP, Adam was playing something on my IPod, and I was checking email and Facebook on my phone.  WHAT in the world happened to our family evening?  How did it turn into THAT?  Heck, even watching TV together beats that!  At least we’re staring at the SAME screen when we watch TV or a movie!

Yeah, you can bet I’ll be making up for that one for a while!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment