Monday, January 25, 2010

THE PINEWOOD DERBY IS FOR WHO?

My boys had their Pinewood Derby this past weekend. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it is the premier cub scout event that the dads boys look forward to every year.

Basically, they start off with a kit consisting of a block of wood, 4 wheels and a couple of axles, and the dads the boys create a car out of it. Some of the dads boys go for speed, so that they can make it to the districts, then nationals. But the majority of the dads boys try to win one of the design categories.

My husband sons are in this group, as you can see by their cars over the years:

033 034

Uh, yes, I managed to get the trophies in the pictures also. Did you notice that?

Just in case you need a better look at this year’s cars that my husband they built, here it is:

035

Aren’t they amazing children? Yes, the guitar actually has strings on it, and the Star Wars Land Speeder actually has Luke driving it and C3PO and R2D2 riding in the back. They each won 1st place in their respective design categories. I’m so proud of my husband them! It just warms my heart to see them watching him work working together like this each year!

So for all you Cub Scout Moms out there, we know who the Pinewood Derby is REALLY for, don’t we?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment