Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Resolutions- And a SNOW DAY!

Okay. I'll be honest. I cannot even begin to top Karen's post from yesterday. I'd love to make one of those resolutions and keep them. But what was that I was saying about setting realistic expectations for myself? Riiiiiiiiight. SO here I sit, thinking about resolution #2.

2.) I WILL lose that last ten pounds.

I'm not going to stress over it. I'm just going to get back to working out regularly. December- just once. December was so unkind to my waistline. Which means I'll need to lose that ten plus the five from December. And I'm not going to get all freaky and count every calorie . . I'm just going to be conscious of carb intake and up my veggie intake. And probably cut out. . . wait for it. . . major nemesis. . . Pepsi. Seriously. I mean, did you expect me to give up my skinny vanilla latte? I'm not THAT desperate. YET.

Of course, does any of this count when we have a snow day? Mmmmm. . . I dunno. At least I did NOT do any baking today. And I DID skip the hot chocolate when we came in. If I could just up my water intake, I might get on a roll, instead of eating every roll in sight (with butter, please), like I did in December.

Did I mention December was unkind to me?

Yours, dealing with December indulgences head-on,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment