Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday FUN!!!!

Yes, my Dear Readers, the time has come! The annual trek to the ocean. Love, love LOOOOOOVE this day! Z1 was determined to pack his own clothing this year, God love that little boy! For a week's worth of travel, he brought me one duffle bag with 7 pairs of shorts, 7 shirts, and his Jack (stuffed dragon). Apparently underwear, a toothbrush and deodorant were deemed unnecessary. Gotta love kids.

Z2, on the other hand, is determined to let me do all of the packing and then complain about what is and is not in the suitcase once we get there. Can anyone say EARLY TEEN DRAMA QUEEN? She's only 8. We're taking a step back and going on lock down over this. Mama's had enough of the mouth this summer. No, she's not a bad child, she just likes to know why and argue every single point. To put it mildly, she has worn me out. I'm gonna have to come up with a plan or she is going to wear me down before we get to age 10. Any suggestions? Melissa B (YES! There is another Melissa B! I'm really not talking to myself... this time, anyway. :) .... I know you have some creative ones.... I'd love to hear them!

The only thing I know is that by the time you are reading this, I will be en route, with tears of relief dried upon my cheeks. (It happens every time. My goal this year is to be at peace by the time we leave. While making that goal is a lovely thing, I know myself. Tears come as a release. It's just who I am).

I'm looking forward to washing off some things from this past year in the ocean. I'm looking forward to being still. I'm looking forward to cleaning out my mind for a bit and not bringing it back with me!

And I promise, I'll bring back some fun stories. :)

Yours, waiting for the waves,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment