Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday Thoughts- Today is the Day. . .


Well, dear readers, today I go to have my mammogram and ultrasound. . . . deep breath. . . in. . . out. . . Clearly I'm not relishing the thought of it. I AM relishing the thought of saving over $1,250 dollars! But the whole squishing of my chest, mmmm, not so much.

I will say this, though... through the whole messiness of this, it is amazing to see how women protect each other. I've had no less than five girlfriends call me to make sure that I made the appointment and am going. I've had girlfriends offer to go with me, and one even to take care of it if I couldn't. Wow. I'm quite overwhelmed. Women get other women, especially when it comes to something like this.

I have to say, when Karen and I first started this business, I thought we got along pretty well. I thought we might even get to be pretty good friends. I never looked down the road far enough to see that she would be the one going into that room with me, standing there while they read the mamm and ultrasound. THAT's a good friend. (Especially because I know how much she absolutely hates anything that remotely has to do with a hospital or serious concern). If we never sell another book, lose the business and never become famous authors, well, I've gained something far more precious. It's hard to find a good business partner, let alone an even better friend. Yep. I'll be holding on to her. :-)

I'll let you know how it turns out later today. I'm praying for good things.

Yours, grateful for true friends,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment