Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday Thoughts In Nashville

Melissa here, and I'm in Nashville once again. I'm doing exactly what Karen blogged about yesterday. I'm here because I'm following a dream.

I write. That's what I do. If I didn't, I think I would shrivel up and die. When i don't, I'm not easy to live with. When I'm writing, I'm in another place completely (mentally) just working it out. It haunts me. It gnaws at me until I've said it just perfectly. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes and sometimes I hold on to an idea for seven years. Sometimes an idea is for now, and sometimes it's for later. But I have to do it. Sometimes it's a song, other days it's an organizational book and still other times it is a long overdue letter of affection that someone close to me needs to hear.

On my drive down yesterday, I heard one of the first songs that really grabbed my attention with the way it was written and in when I listened to it the first time I realized,"Hey! I want to do that!" I needed to hear that song. This trip has had (and will continue to have) a lot of good moments, but there are always those moments where you say,"Why the HECK am I doing this?" And you wonder if it is all for naught.

Today, even though I had that moment, I choose to say it isn't. Today I choose to pursue my dreams. Today I choose to believe that even though the dream still looks far away, I can reach out and grab it by the tail and pull it back to me. Because without the pursuit of dreams, what else is there?

Yours, living the dream,

Melissa

PS- A special thanks to the Hub and Aunt Bet for their part in making my dreams possible. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment