Saturday, July 24, 2010

What Do You Mean It's Not Friday???

It wasn't until about 8:00 in the car last night that I realized it was Friday, meaning I REALIZED I had not posted my Friday Fun! Ouch! I can see Karen tapping her foot at me already. Slap my forehead, where was my brain?!?!?

Still in Nashville. That's where it was. My body was on the road, somewhere between Paducah and Mt. Vernon, but my head was still in Nashville. Something strange happens when I'm there. My songwriting world completely takes over. Which is how should be, I suppose. It's probably a good thing that I live six hours away. Otherwise how would I ever focus on anything else? Or maybe, that in and of itself is the issue. Who knows. ?

But I do know that one of the best things ever is after being away for three days, having those small arms wrap around your waist and hearing a muffled,"Mommy! I missed you!" first thing in the morning. I think that trumps any number one hit, even in the country market.

It's a lot, setting up the sitters, leaving the meals, coming home to a mountain of laundry and having them ask first thing, so what are we going to do today when all I really want to do is have an extra three hours of sleep and then process everything that happened on my trip. But I wouldn't trade them for the world. Not even for a Grammy.

Yours, lucky to get to live more than one dream,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment