Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Fun-Oh!

Sometimes, I just have to wonder what is going through my childrens' minds. Sometimes I ask them to explain, and other times, I just take things at face value. Regardless, they almost always make me smile, and that's what I value the most. Here's a few highlights:

Z2 loves to paint on her easel with her watercolors. Lately she has been fascinated with the Superman logo. She paints it and then sounds out his name and paints the name under the logo. As she is fairly young, she is still sounding out words, and the spelling is not quite as accurate as it will one day be. She finished her painting and left it on the kitchen table for me. I looked down to see she had spelled out Superman, but as she sounded it out, she left out the U.

Brings a whole new meaning to it, doesn't it?

**********************************

Z2 told me a joke the other day. She said,"Hey Mom, what's the difference between roast beef and pea soup?"

"I dunno, honey. What is it?"

"Well," she said,"you can roast beef. . . giggle. . .giggle.., but you CAN'T PEE SOUP!"

BWAHAHAHAHA!

************************************

Sitting in the kitchen the other day at the table, I was talking to my son, Z1 who was standing at the counter. He looked at me and out of the blue said,"Mom, when I was a baby, what was my first meal? I imagine you gave some kind of vegetables, didn't you?"

"Well, honey, I nursed you when you were a baby. So your first meal was mother's milk."

"WHAT?!? Mother's milk?"

"Mmmhmmm. That's the way God made a woman's body. When she has a baby, her breasts get full of milk so she can feed her baby. That's really what they're for."

"So,'he says, with a look at my chest and the realization of what I did to him," you put me up to your boob and I sucked the milk right out?"

"Yes, dear."

"Like A. DOG????"

"Yes, dear, except mommy only has two, not like, eight."

After what seemed a lifetime of him just staring at me, he breathes a sigh of relief and say,"Wow, mom. I'm sure glad I'm not a woman!"



Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment