Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday Whatever: Yummy Recipe for the Family

I’m going to take a detour from my healthy, dieting life I’m leading lately and give you a really great recipe that your kids will love. (But have you noticed that almost everything I write lately revolves around food? Hmmmm!)

The recipe is for BBQ Beef Pop ‘Ems. They are easy, easy to make and everyone in my family loves them, which is saying A LOT! Before I go on, I must give credit to my sister, Margee, for giving me this recipe. (Okay, I’m really giving her credit only because she yelled at me for not saying that she told me about the Arnold Select Sandwich Thins on my Favorite Diet Foods post. So, are ya happy now, Marg?)

So here it is: BBQ Beef Pop ‘Ems

  • 1 pound ground beef (or turkey, or soy, or whatever fake stuff you use)
  • 1 Cup BBQ Sauce (I actually use a little more than 1 cup)
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 10 pack can of buttermilk biscuits
  • 2/3 Cup shredded cheese (any kind)

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Brown ground beef, drain and return to skillet. Add BBQ sauce and brown sugar. Mix well. Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray. Press each biscuit into a cup. Spoon the meat mixture into biscuits and push down firmly. Top with cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and biscuits are done.

That’s all there is to it! It’s exactly the kind of recipe I like: not too many ingredients and no “meanwhile” instructions. (You know, where you have to do something while something else is happening. I can’t multi-task in the kitchen!)

Enjoy!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious Karen! Wow, how lucky you are to have a sister who is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete