Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Whatever-Can I Fry My Chicken In It?


It's time for Wednesday Whatever and I (Melissa) have a review for you!

The kind people at Tropical Traditions sent us a batch of coconut oil to try out and review. Now, before you say,"What the heck would I do with coconut oil? Sunbathe in it?" you would be surprised to learn all of the nutritional facts about it. Didn't know until I went to their website. And all of these facts are interesting, all well and good. But I have to be honest with you, if it doesn't somehow fit into what's already going on, it has a slim to nil chance of getting integrated into the Bishop House. I'm a pretty healthy eater, into exercise/fitness and with two school aged children, I'm a busy woman with no extra time to spare for another thing to negotiate into the sched.

So. . . in addition to the coconut oil itself, they sent a book all about virgin coconut oil, complete with testimonials and tons of recipes. The recipes look fun, and I love to try new things. But being a Midwest Girl at heart, I just had to know, could I fry chicken in it and it be healthy and NOT taste like coconut? So what did you think I did? I didn't breathe a word to my family about it fried (well, sauted would be the "correct" term) some chicken breasts in it. Absolutely delicious and not one of my finicky, picky, and yes they would tell me if they noticed something different eaters said a word except, "Great chicken, Mom."

I mean honestly, what good is it if you can't fry your chicken it in?

BUT if you are looking for an alternative to canola or veg oil, based on flavor and ease of use, I would recommend checking out the coconut oil on the site at Tropical Traditions. Check them out and let us know what you think!


GIVEAWAY:

Tropical Traditions has generously offered a free quart jar of Coconut Oil for one lucky winner. The contest will end on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at midnight CST, when the winner will be picked at random.

HOW TO ENTER:

Primary Entry: Go to the Tropical Traditions website to check out what they have to offer. While you are there, you'll need to register for their email Newsletter.

*This entry is mandatory to allow additional entries!

Additional Entries (be sure to leave a comment for each entry):


1. Subscribe to my blog via email
2. Join my blog using Google Friend Connect
3. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway (remember to use @karmelpub when tweeting) up to once per day
4. Blog about this giveaway and provide a link back to here
5. Grab our button and place on your blog


(I will send out an email to the winner and you will have 48 hours to respond back to me or I will pick another winner.)


Yours, using up my coconut oil,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment