Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Debate- The Devil Called High Fructose Corn Syrup

I did a very bad thing. I went grocery shopping yesterday and allowed my kids to pick a cereal. I do this about three times a year. Too bad I caved the day before the first day of school. Of COURSE they picked something like Trix Swirls with as much high fructose corn syrup as possible.  So of course, they will want it first thing tomorrow morning. You know me, sugar them up and send them off to school.

So do you REALLY think it's that bad for them? What about in bread? Snacks? Obviously soda has to be limited. But how much is in our food and does it really make a difference? What if your child is diagnosed ADD/ADHD? Is this as bad as red dye #5?

Tell me what you know-

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Hhhhh. I'm guilty. Meredith (in first grade) eats Trix Swirls in the morning, BUT I also make her eat fruit with it and I pack a healthy lunch for her--string cheese, turkey, blueberries, Goldfish crackers (okay, not so healthy), and milk.

    I do feel guilty about the sugary cereals. With that said, I was raised on Boo Berry, and I sort of like the way I turned out.

    ReplyDelete