Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BRACES ARE GOING TO BREAK ME!

Forget college, braces are going to put me in the poorhouse! Having twins is NOT all it’s cracked up to be when it comes to expenses. Apparently they are both ready for braces. Now. Have you priced them lately? I’m told that we’re “lucky” because they should only need them for around 15 months each, so we’re getting a bit of a discount. But we’re still looking at OVER $10,000 for the two of them. I may be dating myself here, but my braces cost $1600. (And yes, I’m sure, because my father told me this many, many times!)
Oh, but I’m in luck. If I pay all at once, I get a 5% discount. Or if I pay by credit card, I get a 2.5% discount. (Which would be really stupid because I obviously pay more that 2.5% finance charge on my credit card, but whatever. I’m sure somebody will fall for that one.)
You know, having an overbite isn’t the worst thing in the world, is it? Fine, you know I’ll get my boys braces, but the cost is just ridiculous.
At least braces are “cooler” now than they were in my day. I guess that’s why they cost so much more, right?
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment