Wednesday, June 20, 2012

THINGS HAPPEN IN 3’s, RIGHT?

This has NOT been a good week for me, but as long as things really do happen in 3’s (should there be an apostrophe there?), I should be okay now!

I’ll start first with Saturday night at a restaurant. We are being led to our table when I happen to find, as only I can, a very small spot of water on the floor. Yep, DOWN I went! Not very graceful, I’m sure! And yep, I’m still sore from that fall! (How is it that kids can fall all day long and jump right back up without even thinking about it? I fall and actually sat there a while thinking “Wow, I fell. Hmmm. That’s weird! Oh, and OW!)

Oh, and to add insult to injury, when I stood up (finally), I look to see who I fell in front of, and there were friends of my parents! Ugh!

Then, on Monday, I’m driving down the highway with my kids and the semi in front of us ran over something that flew up and hit our windshield. Hard. In the slow motion, watching it, knowing I could do nothing about it, it looked like a piece of drywall or something similar. Luckily it didn’t shatter the glass. But it still scared the you-know-what out of all of us!

Finally, Tuesday morning my husband woke me up at 4:15 in excruciating pain with what we diagnosed (thank you, internet, for making us all as smart as doctors) as kidney stones. Go to the hospital or wait for the doctor to open up? He finally decided to wait (good for me because I had to be at work at 8:45, um, not that I was thinking about myself). Once the stone started to move, he actually felt a bit better.

So my question is this: Does his kidney stone thing count as his first thing or can it count as my third thing? Because I’ve had about enough this week!

Karen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment