Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Madness- Small Words, Huge Results

It's the usual Monday craziness. Day after Father's Day. First day of VBS. Our church does it big- about 900 kids and 500 volunteers. Yes, parking can be competitive! But the kids love it, so it's worth it. Today finds me contemplating something else entirely, though. I've been going through one of those seasons where it seems a couple of relationships have exploded all over the place. It's not been fun. People are people and we all have our stuff. Sometimes sorting it out it pretty messy. What has made the most impact on me, however, is the use of two small words: "I'm sorry." 


Back before Brad and I were getting married, we had a pastor counsel us. He charged Brad Brad with five words that he needed to say first, every time there was a disagreement. Those words were: "I'm sorry. Please forgive me." 


I will tell you, I can be furious- beyond livid- and those words still affect me. I can be mentally dividing the furniture and those words will stop me dead in my tracks. (Dagnabit!) There's something about someone putting their pride aside and saying "I'm sorry." Even if you don't feel like you were wrong. Usually, there's more than enough blame to go around. But the longer you wait to say it, the harder it is, and the harder it is for the other person to hear it


Today is a good day to get started.


Yours, 


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment