Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Funny- If I Can't See It, It Must Be Okay...

It's that time of the week- Friday Funny!


But first, a shout out to the Berg Twins- Adam and Eric. Happy 11th Birthday! 


***********
About a week ago, I found a beautiful lock of hair in the master bath. About three inches long, it had a wonderful chestnut color and a bit of curl tapering to the end. I couldn't imagine from where it had come, as it was not my color nor The Hub's. It didn't look like either of the children's. And after Z2's hair cutting debacle a few springs ago, she knew far better than to cut her hair. Except of course, when she renewed her lesson three months ago. Nonetheless, as it did not match anyone's hair color (or so I thought), I was a bit perplexed. Just what was going on in my master bath? Hmmm.....


Last night, while getting ready for bed, I found yet another lock of hair. This one was quite thicker. I picked it up and feeling it in my hands, I knew. This was no secret girlfriend in my bathroom, but my own  son's hair! "Good night!" I thought. "He's cutting his hair. What on earth?!?!" He had already fallen asleep, so the questioning would have to wait. 


This morning he toddled (yes, at age 11, the first sleepy walks in the morning are still toddling) into the kitchen and sleepily snuggled into my arms.I buried my face in the crown of his head. Inhaling deeply, I rubbed my nose slightly in his hair. And that's when I felt it... the unevenness in the thickness of that thatch of hair.


"Son," I started,"Have you been cutting your hair?"


"Yep," he said, matter of factly.


"Uhm... Why?" I asked.


"It's the sticky-uppy pieces back there. I can't get them to lay down, so I'm just cutting them off. If I can't see them, I don't have to comb them."


True, but how shall we explain a bald spot at age 11?


Yours, hiding all the scissors,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment