Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Madness- The Times, They Are a Changin'!_

Monday, Monday, Monday.... today I considered calling in, just to rest from this cold, but that would have made me one in 7 million people who will call in the day after Superbowl (YAY Giants!). I figured it was probably not a good idea and that I should soldier through. I'm hoping to save a day off for something a little more fun, anyway.  :D


I'm hitting one of those transitional periods in life. When isn't one in transition, really? But these are more apparent, lately. I've finally registered my son for Middle School. I cried. I couldn't help it. It's not that I want him to stay little forever. Friends assure me that the teen years will take care of any feelings of "Please don't grow up and leave me!". But right now, it's hard to see that. 


On the other end, I was sitting in a meeting today and my cell phone buzzed. I looked down and saw it was my mother. I didn't hesitate. I answered it right away. Wait. When did THAT happen? I mean, when did I start looking down at the caller ID and wondering if everything was okay when I saw that it was her? And I'm beginning to fill in more lines in our book- The Caregiver Organizer for MY Aging Parents.    
Did it ever seem possible that our parents would age? I'm handling it about as well as I'm handling Middle School registration. I'm holding on for dear life and trying to soak up every single minute. I'm answering the phone. I'm making myself call more often. I'm making sure I'm home by the time the kids get home so I can have time with them and also taking them to see my parents more often.


Oh the circle of life. I know it's a reality. Today it just seems a little more prominent. So I'll enjoy every moment I can and teach my children to do the same.  


And now, time to go get the Lola-nator who's gotten into a cloth bookmark and is trying to eat it while being chased and yelled at by Z2. Yes, I'll even enjoy THIS moment.


Yours, soaking it all in,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment