Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Madness- Stopping the Clock

It's happening again. I've tried to stop it so many different times. I've begged, pleaded, tried to bargain and  bribe. But Father time refuses to be bought and my baby is aging as I type. I close my eyes and he is still 2, sitting in the grocery cart, giggling at me while I try to smother his neck with kisses. He still has the same broad smile, and the giggle has rounded out to a full belly laugh. 
How did I spend 11 years? Eleven?!!?! Lots of laughs, giggles, plenty of tears, lots of games, trips to the park, zoo, beach, moments of being at odds with each other, but always coming back together and hearing him tell me, just like he did today as he got out of the car to go to a friend's house,"Don't worry Mom. I'll love you forever. Promise."


I sure hope so.


Yours, trying to keep it together,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment