Wednesday, January 18, 2012

TIME FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL ALREADY???

I can’t believe it! I went to Middle School curriculum night tonight. Seriously? First of all, it’s only January. How can I think about next school year already? But more importantly, HOW CAN I SEND MY BABIES TO MIDDLE SCHOOL???

What if they get lost? What if the older kids pick on them? What if they can’t open their locker? What if they forget if it’s an “A” day or a “B” day? What if they don’t make any friends? What if, what if, what if…???

Okay, I admit that MAYBE I’m projecting some of my own fears here. Yes, perhaps my middle school days were less than perfect. (Of course, back in those days, we just called it Junior High School, and it went from 7th grade to 9th grade.) Truth be told, I was painfully shy in school and had very few friends. I wouldn’t relive those years now for any amount of money.

But still, they seem so small, so young. And the 8th graders seem so, well, large! I’m sure I felt the same way when they were in Kindergarten and I looked at the 5th graders.

I guess I’m just not ready for this yet. Such a big step for me. Whoops, I mean for them!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. I've been sick about it all day. I haven't even had curriculum night yet and I'm already ready to cry!

    ReplyDelete