Monday, September 20, 2010

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!

hospital Today’s blog post is going to be a bit of a digression from what I usually write.  It’s not funny.  It’s not about our upcoming book.  It’s not about caregiving.  It’s about a personal experience that I’m hoping you can learn from.

I mentioned in a recent post that I recently had surgery.  My lesson to you today is to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY and make your doctor listen to YOU.  I knew something was wrong after surgery but my doctor said everything was fine.  The specifics aren’t important, but what is important is that after a week of getting worse, I finally convinced him that what I was saying needed to be checked out.  And guess what?  I was right.  And it was life threatening.

I was admitted to the hospital immediately and everything is fine now, thank goodness.  I shudder to think what could have happened if I had not pursued this.

YOU KNOW YOUR BODY BETTER THAN ANYONE.

DO NOT BE SHY!  INSIST ON TESTS IF YOU FEEL THERE IS A PROBLEM.  If your doctor won’t listen to you, find another doctor.

That’s my lesson for the day.  I promise to be more funny on Wednesday!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment