Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Madness


I'm sorry dear readers. It was completely my fault that there was no Friday Funny last week. I guess you'll have to read all about Zoe's camping trip this coming Friday. (Nothing like shamelessly building a little anticipation, right?)

And I'm grateful to Karen for blogging last Monday while I was stuck in San Francisco. That's an entirely different matter that I'm not certain I'll be able to truthfully blog about without repercussions. Let's just say, this time, it was CLEARLY NOT.MY.FAULT. And yes, I'm holding on to that card for the appropriate moment (insert knowing smirk here).

Today is the Monday that I come to kicking and screaming every single year. I know it's coming. My subconscious has been warning me for two months now, diligently ticking off reminders. I'll bet you have this Monday in your household as well.

Yes, dear readers, it is:

The Last Monday Before Summer Break (Chaos/Boredom/Complaining/Threats Involving Military Academy) Begins.

(Insert hair raising screams and quite possibly an ugly adult meltdown here).

I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about it.

This summer, however, taking a cue from Karen, and from memories of summers past, I have signed my children up for some camps. And swim team. You see, I don't get my summer off now that I have a job that is administrative. Yes, I'll be working a lot from home. And trying to mind the children while I do so. (OY!) Don't get me wrong, I love my children with my entire being. But you know how it is- the moment you MUST get something completed, you become a magnet for all things child related. It's the law of the universe. So this year, I've decided that my Z1 and Z2 will not spend EVERY moment of Summer together. I think it's going to be okay.

If not, there's always chocolate....

Yours, trying to get EVERY last possible thing completed before their break begins,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment