Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WHY WE COMPLAIN

Listen in on any women’s luncheon, or read an assortment of mommy blogs, or eavesdrop on a couple of women at their kid’s sports events, and you’re likely to hear them complain aboutcomplain something. It could be their husbands (usually!), their kids, their neighbors, their kids’ school, their contractor, their dog, anything. It doesn’t matter. Face it, women like to complain!

So why do we do it? Well…it’s fun! I mean, really, who wants to sit around and talk about how wonderful life is all the time? Or more importantly, who wants to listen to that? Haven’t you ever read a post on Facebook like, “Happy Birthday to my husband, the most wonderful man ever, who never does anything wrong. I’m so blessed to have you in my life, I’d die without you, I’d be nothing without you. You are my sun, my moon, my world. I love you babycakes.” Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit, but you’ve all seen them. Don’t those posts just make you want to THROW UP??? YUCK!!!

We all want to know that someone else’s life sucks more than ours, right? That’s the bottom line.

But there’s a fine line. We don’t want to be around people who complain ALL THE TIME. That just gets old really fast. So you gotta strike a balance. Don’t be too happy but don’t be too miserable.  Don’t have the perfect life, the perfect husband, the perfect kids, etc. Yet don’t make everything out to be the worst disaster EVER. That’s just as annoying! Be just right for your friends and they’ll want to be around you more!

Time to get back to my no-so-perfect life. The kids have a half day today. Hmmm, is that good or not so good? You decide!

Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment