Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday...

Dear Readers,

I know it's Friday, and usually I do TRY to tell something funny. Believe me, my life lends itself to humor easily. If you don't think God has a sense of humor, I would say take a look at life and I would beg to differ with you. However, today, if you are near to St. Louis, particularly within the West County and Fenton areas, you might be waking up today thinking something along the lines of,"Finally. Justice has been served."
I'm sure you could google this name, Chris Coleman, and find out more than you want to know about the murder trial. He has been convicted of killing his wife and two sons. Even typing that sentence is incomprehensible to me. I just don't understand how anyone could conceive of killing their own children, even their spouse. It's not that I knew them or have intimate knowledge of their relationship. And I realize there are two sides to every story (sometimes three or four), but for murder to be your chosen option for ending your marriage because you are cheating on your wife (not because you are being abused or feel physically threatened or have a need for self defense)? Wow. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around that. All over my neighborhood, and I know because my friends and I have talked about it, husbands and wives are having the following conversation. I think it's a sad commentary when the wife turns to the husband and says," Really, if it ever gets THAT bad and you want out, just pack my stuff and put it on the curb. No need to draw it out or wrestle with it, just give me the kids and we'll make it okay." Who would ever conceive of having to have that kind of conversation?

Yesterday Chris Coleman was convicted on all counts. Today, friends and people all over the bi-state area are given closure. For me, today, it starts with taking a look at my kids and hugging them a little longer, soaking in and savoring the moments.

May we all savor our moments this weekend,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment