Monday, January 10, 2011

You HAVE To Ask

Good Mooorning! Yes, that's my happy voice. It's the first day of a new semester. I'm teaching my favorite class, seeing some of my favorite people (some of whom I have not seen in TOO long), we have the promise of snow and so far today, I'm getting things done AND I'm on time. HA! It's a good day, right?

So Friday I was saying that my father had shoulder replacement surgery. He did very, very well. They let him come home late Friday day. By Sunday morning, all was not well. His arm, chest and belly were swollen to 3 times its normal size and he was bruised all over his chest.

Long story short, Mom took him to the ER. A small blood vessel had broken loose and caused the swelling and bruising. The docs were nonchalant. "Very normal. Happens all the time."

Yeah- all the time in YOUR world.

We would have been much more prepared had someone TOLD us this might happen!

So once again, I reminded that when you or someone you love is going through medical stuff, or anything "heavy" for that matter, you HAVE TO ASK every question. Even if it seems silly. Or trivial. Or absurd. Just ask. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

Yours, checking on my Daddy every few hours,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment