Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Fun- Properly Looped

My father is a man of few words. So when he talks, I listen. But yesterday he was an absolute comic. But being properly looped, he tends to be. Not that I've ever seen him in an altered state, mind you. Come to think of it, although he does have beer or two now and then, I don't think I've ever seen him like I saw him yesterday.

Yesterday, my father went in for surgery. I thought he was having rotator cuff surgery, but apparently, there was no more cuff to be worked on so he had a shoulder replacement instead. It's about a 3 hour surgery, and there will be quite a bit of recovery time. I went to see him yesterday. I was waiting by the elevators with my mom and sister and lo and behold, two orderlies are wheeling him by on a gurney, taking him to his room. My father was instructing THEM which way to go.

"Yeah! Yeah! Just wheel me right down this hall!"

We knew it was him immediately and my sister and I called out,"Hi Dad!" He waved to us like he was the Grand Marshall of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

We took the elevator up to his room and waited for them to bring him in. As they're wheeling him into his room, he looks at us, points at me and say,"Hey! I've seen you before!"

Really? Yep, Dad. Yes you have. I couldn't help but laugh.

Nothing like seeing your father under the effects of anesthesia.

Happy Friday, dear readers!

Yours, still giggling,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment