Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I’M BORING, AND THAT’S OKAY!

Sometimes I sit here, in front of my computer, and wonder what to blog about. Granted, I only blog once a week (Melissa does the other 2 days that we publish our blog), but that kind-of puts the pressure on. I want to be witty and interesting. I want readers to come back and read some more. Gosh darn it, I want to be liked!bored

But the whole thing about blogging is to write about either my business (which I do quite often) or about my life. And I gotta admit, my life has been pretty boring lately. Not that I’m complaining really. Boring isn’t necessarily bad, but it doesn’t make for a great blog post. Or conversation.

I was at lunch the other day with a couple of friends. One was talking about her husband’s new job and how it’s causing a rift with his siblings. The other friend was lamenting about the school district and how they have failed her and her daughter in a HUGE way. Then they look at me… and I got NOTHIN’. Um, our cub scout pack had to postpone our Pinewood Derby because of snow. Really, Karen? That’s the best you got?

Then I was on the phone with an old friend of mine who is having trouble with her 16 year old daughter. When she finishes talking about the situation, she asks what’s going on with me. Again, nothin’!

So, here it is, Wednesday, my blogging day, and I’ve got NOTHIN’!!! But that’s okay, folks! My day is coming, and I’ve certainly had many, many days that were far from boring. So a few uneventful times in my life are just fine with me!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment