Wednesday, August 11, 2010

6 DAYS AND COUNTING…

back to school

So school starts in 6 days, and I could not be any less prepared if I tried!  But if I really think about it, what do I have to do?  Let’s make a list:

  1. School supplies.  Melissa wrote a post yesterday on the trials and tribulations of buying school supplies.  Doesn’t she know about the easy way out of this?  At the end of the school year in May, we fill out a form, send a check to school, and VOILA, our supplies are waiting for us at Meet The Teacher Night, the day before school starts.  Easy Peasy!  Okay, Number 1, done!
  2. School Clothes.  I have boys.  Whatever fits, works.  Done.
  3. New Shoes.  Recently bought new sneakers for cub scout camp.  Done.
  4. Backpacks.  No holes, rips, tears, majors stains?  Can be used again.  Done.
  5. Lunch Boxes.  See above.  Done.
  6. Teachers.  Found out Monday who our teachers are for the upcoming year, and we’ll meet them the day before school starts.  Through the miracle of technology (Facebook), we even know a few of the other kids in each of their classes.  Done.
  7. Lunch dates and massage scheduled for first week of school.  Done.

Hmmm, unless I’m forgetting some major things, I guess I am prepared after all!  Who knew?

Karen

1 comment:

  1. You stink. I'm not talking to you right now. ; ) I have a girl, remember?

    ReplyDelete