Wednesday, March 24, 2010

THINGS I NOTICED AT THE AMUSEMENT PARKS!

As you may know, my family and I went to Orlando over Spring break. We spent 2 days at Disney Parks and 2 days at Universal Studios. Here are some of my observations from these 4 days. (I should warn you, I came home with a nasty cold, so this column may be a bit snarky for some of you!)fart

  1. Now I know we were around a lot of children, but I don’t think we can blame them for this one ALL the time: People don’t care about passing gas in crowds. Seriously! It was happening so much, I thought it was my own kids, but even my kids don’t toot that much!
  2. People do not look in the mirror before they leave the house. In fact, I’m convinced that many of them don’t even own mirrors. Examples include obese (and I’m talking OBESE, not just a little overweight) women wearing tank tops that don’t even cover their stomachs and short shorts that certainly don’t cover their butts. Or men with mullet haircuts, white knee socks with dark sandals or jeans that are so low on their butts they have to use one hand to hold them up at all times. (If your other hand is holding your girlfriend’s hand, how do you carry that big, overstuffed SpongeBob you won for her at the arcade?)
  3. Some (not all, so don’t get your panties in a bunch) smokers ignore “No Smoking” signs. Or in the case of the parks, “Smoking Allowed in Designated Areas Only.” Just because you smoke doesn’t mean you have to be rude, right?roller coaster
  4. Some folks actually believe that their hat will stay on their head when riding a roller coaster that goes upside down! Really! There’s a net underneath the upside down part of the the roller coaster, filled with hats, sunglasses, even a pair of shoes! While my son and I were watching, we saw another hat come floating down. Amazing!
  5. Lastly, even though their are TONS of people at the parks, and everyone wants to get on the rides in the shortest amount of time, most people are very polite, very friendly, and just want to have a good time, just like you and me! As for the rest of the folks, there, I’ll just ignore them and have fun with my kids!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Love the first graphic. I think you should make a t-shirt with it and wear it the next time you go to an amusement park. But I digress. . .

    ReplyDelete