Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I WANT SOMETHING TO SHOW FOR IT!

It’s blustery cold here today in St. Louis. The temperature is 26 degrees, but I’m sure the wind chill is much colder than that. (For those of you who live in nice warm climates, the wind chill is how cold it FEELS, not how cold it IS!) And there’s snow blowing around. But I’m pretty sure it’s the same snowflakes just blowing, and not landing, because I’m not seeing anything on the ground.cars-in-deep-snow_5376

Missouri is the “Show Me” State, and we like to SEE things for our suffering. So darn it, if it’s going to be this cold out, I WANT TO SEE SNOW ON THE GROUND!!! Don’t give me this wimpy snow blowing around, give me something to show for all this cold.

It’s kind-of like when you get something that hurts you really badly, right? You don’t want to just limp along quietly or hold your arm lamely, you want something to show for it. Crutches, or a sling or lots of blood, or something that screams “HEY, I’M HURT. GIVE ME SYMPATHY!”

salvation army Or when you know you’re going to give your change to the bell ringer as you leave the store and the bucket is there, but he’s not. Who’s going to say “Thank you and Merry Christmas, Ma’am” to you and recognize that you put change in the bucket? Sure, you’re not doing it for HIM, but still… I’m just sayin’.

Okay, perhaps I’m given you a bit too much insight into my mind today. Maybe it’s time to shut up!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment