Monday, February 8, 2010

SUPERBOWL RECAP

In my opinion, there are 3 reasons we watch the Superbowl, or go tosuperbowl Superbowl parties:

1. The Game

2. The Food

3. The Commercials

So now that it’s the day after, let’s see how we did!

drew breesThe Game: It was a GREAT game! Even though Peyton The Colts didn’t win, I think that New Orleans really needed this more than Indie did. It was much more emotional for them and for Drew Brees, and I’m really happy for them. And how cute was that when Drew was holding his 1 year old son, who was wearing a little Brees jersey?

The Food: Most of you know that I’ve been on Weight Watchers over the past year or so, so the food at our house wasn’t great. Not awful, but could have been better! I let hubby buy a platter at Sam’s with turkey, ham, pepperoni and different cheeses, and I bought some big shrimp to go with it. Then for the kids we got these mini burgers which were just AWFUL (so at least I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything!). Notice a theme here? Get everything at Sam’s, and there’s no cooking!

The Commercials: TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!!! Okay, first of all, since I don’t watch too much TV, I have to wonder: are the only shows on CBS the CSI and NCIS series? Because that seems to be all I saw etradeEVERY. COMMERCIAL. BREAK. Secondly, what happened to all the funny Superbowl commercials? E*Trade and Doritos were about the only ones who made a real effort to make me laugh. My personal favorites: E*Trade’s baby one with the “girlfriend” and Dorito’s one with the little boy. (Thanks to Angie and Margee for reminding me about that one!)

So all in all, it wasn’t one of my best Superbowl Sundays, but it faired okay. Maybe by next year I’ll be able to eat more of what I want (within reason, of course), the Rams might be playing in the Superbowl (BWAAAAHAHAHAHA… tears streaming down my face!!!!!) and the economy will be picking up so companies will spend more on the commercials!

Until then, thank goodness for the NFL channel so we don’t have to go without until next August!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment