Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Thoughts- I agree, Karen


Valentine's Day- yep, it's definitely for us women. I, too, made the mistake of telling him not to get me roses for Valentine's Day. I mean, why would I want something that is three times its normal cost that will die in 3-5 days? This year, I'm telling him I want a rose (in addition to whatever other gift he chooses. A diamond will do just fine, honey!) . Just a single one will do. He can bring me another bouquet next month when flowers return to their normal price. :-)

I'm wondering if he has remembered that this Sunday is Valentine's Day. He should. I mean, he took our son out to buy a special Valentine for a girl in his class tonight. Just a small heart-shaped sucker, but if he forgets it now, DH is doomed.

I already have his gift, wrapped even, in my bedside table. I even have a card. I'm wondering if he will wait until Saturday or do something like take us away for an evening. Don't get me wrong- I do like getting away for an evening. And maybe I'm wrong or being selfish or whatever you want to call it, but somehow, when the gift benefits both of us, I feel a little bit like I got the short end of the stick. Is it wrong to want a gift that is for me and only me? Call me crazy, but I'm betting there are some ladies out there who know what I mean.

Anyone?

In the meantime, I'll be making sure Karen's DH has this Sunday covered. Even if I end up being the one who does the ordering for him. We women have to stick together.

Yours, wondering what Sunday will bring,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment