Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WHERE DID THE YEARS GO?

Somebody pinch me. Can it really be 9 years already? My babies are turning 9 today? How did this happen? I know it sounds so cliché, but I swear it only seems like yesterday that I was as big as a house (or two), yelling at my OB, “You said that if I made it to 37 weeks you would schedule the C-Section. It’s 36 weeks, so CALL THE HOSPITAL NOW AND SCHEDULE IT. NOW. WHILE I’M HERE AND LISTENING. NOW!!!” Maybe I shouldn’t have pushed that issue so hard. Hmmm, no, I’m pretty sure they would have come out by now!

So let’s look back to that fateful fabulous day. 9 years ago today when it was finally time to give birth (or in my world, get ripped open) to two beautiful baby boys. In the movies, the husband is holding the woman’s hand and stroking her hair and whispering to her what a great job she’s doing. (Yes, even when she’s having a C-Section, she’s still doing a great job.) Now, let’s compare that to MY reality that day. Yes, DH was holding my hand, but that’s pretty much all I got. Unless you call the play-by-play announcing a good substitute for whispering sweeties in my ear which, by the way, I do not. Here’s what I heard: “Okay, they are slicing open your uterus now. This is SO COOL!”

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

SHUT. UP.

Pretty much, after that, he kept his comments to himself, but he was still standing up and looking over the little drape which (thank you) kept me from seeing everything. The only other things I heard were “Here’s baby number 1” and “Here’s baby number 2” and “They’re perfect” and that’s all I needed to hear!

boys 4 months

So 9 years later, they’re still my babies. And although they may not always be perfect, they’re perfectly wonderful to me!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment