Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Tidbit- It's always more than we think

When Karen and I first started our business together, it seemed so easy. Boy were we naive. Our deal was,"I'll write it, you sell it, we'll be a hit."

We honestly believed it. We should have known better. I , being a songwriter should have known better. After all, great songs are not written, they are rewritten and rewritten oh and one more time, rewritten. I can't think of a song where the first draft was perfect- unless you are Mozart, and that's a whole different league.

So here at Karmel Publishing, we've been retooling . Another draft, another idea, how do we make this better? That is the American mantra, isn't it? Better, faster, cheaper, easier, smarter. We want it all with the push of a button, the flick of the remote control, just give me a magic pill please. Watching the Olympics, I am reminded that it's just not that way. We see the ten minutes of someone's four to eight year dream. Ten minutes vs. four to eight years. . . .

We are definitely excited about the way the series is shaping up and how our new website is going to look. We've been at it this for a while now, and I'm beginning to see that what we now have is what we meant to have in the first place. Does that somehow make the other editions and versions null and void? Not in the least. In my writing world, we call it "Daring To Suck" so that we can get to the really good line, the amazing idea, the best version yet.

All this time, Karen and I have been hanging in there, and I do believe, yes, I really believe, this is the final, best version, the complete realization of what The Caregiver Organizer is supposed to be. And we can't wait to show it to you.

Look for our new website coming in early March,

Melissa

2 comments: