Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Funny- Leapin' Lizards!

So the Z1 has been trying to convince me he needs a new pet. As I have a severe allergic reaction, nay, rePULsion against reptiles, he can pretty much kiss his dream of EVER owning a Komodo Dragon goodbye. Not until he signs a lease on his own living space. God love him, it's just not going to happen. Not in my house. There's a whole lot of things I would do for that boy, but reptiles never have and never will make the list. 

He was on a pretty heavy campaign a few weeks ago. Talking about it every day. He even would show me this fake lizard he had, and how he would take care of it and blah, blah, blah. Finally, he realized I just wasn't buying it. He let it drop and I thought we were in the clear. 

After a very long day, I wearily climbed into bed. Snuggling down into the covers I could feel something. Something that did not belong. Something that was not quite right. I started to freak out a little and grabbed whatever it was to throw it when I realized I was having a heart attack over a plastic lizard. Mind you, it's somewhat realistic in size and feel, and if you're as tired as I was...

So in my stupor, after my heart returned to a somewhat normal pace, I decided to have a little fun. I picked that thing up and crept into his room. He was sprawled across his bed, sleeping on his back. I laid that lizard right on him so that it would be staring at him when he woke up.

I cannot pretend I did not roar with laughter giggle in my bed when I heard his startled wake-up ten minutes later. Mom 1, Reptiles 0.

Yours, still giggling,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment