Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Fun- Thank a Vet!

Today being Veteran's Day, I thought I might post the following story:

An international summit meeting was taking place about 10 years ago. Among the people present were heads of state, prime ministers, generals and presidents representing some of the most powerful nations in the world. It was the evening before the actual summit would take place and everyone had gathered for a state dinner party. During the course of conversation, a French general looked directly at a top American general, and speaking rather loudly said," I suppose we will ALL be speaking in English for the entire summit. It's so infuriating. Must we always speak English?"

Before the American general could reply, a top English military man replied,"We speak English at these meetings because the Americans ensured you would not have to speak German for the rest of your life."


Thank you, Veterans, past, present, one and all, for ensuring that I will have the freedoms I so enjoy, especially freedom of speech and the write to speak any language I CHOOSE.
Sincerely Yours,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment