Wednesday, November 30, 2011

BAD, BAD MOMMY! (AGAIN)

So remember a few weeks ago, right after Halloween, when I wrote about forgetting to put money under my son’s pillow for a lost tooth? How terrible I felt? I mean, how badly I felt that the Tooth Fairy screwed up?

Well, shortly after that, Eric, the son who was forgotten, came home from school and said that a boy told him that he caught his mom putting money under his pillow once and that PROVES that the Tooth Fairy doesn’t exist. It’s really just Good Ol’ Mom. Both boys wanted to know if that was true. They’re 10 now, so I asked them if they REALLY wanted to know the truth and they emphatically said YES. So I told them the truth.

Eric said, “I knew it!” and Adam said, “Noooooo, I didn’t want to know the truth!” Great!

Then, last night, Eric told me that he wishes I didn’t tell him the truth.

Really? Just stomp on my heart some more, little ones! They still believe in Santa Clause and you can bet that I’ll NEVER be the ones to tell them he doesn’t exist. NEVER, EVER, EVER!!!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment