Wednesday, November 9, 2011

CHIROPRACTORS? WELL, MAYBE…

Let me just say here and now: I DO NOT BELIEVE IN CHIROPRACTORS! I’m not going to be disrespectful and say they are quacks or anything like that, but my past experience with them has been less than positive.

BUT, I am an open minded person (most of the time) and when I recently read an article on how chiropractic care can help with bedwetting, I thought I’d give it a try. (For my son, not me!) Within months, my 10 year old went from wearing Good Nights, and filling them EVERY night, to being completely dry. AMAZING, right?

Then my knee starting hurting me during spin class, so of course my first stop was my doctor, who sent me to an orthopedic surgeon. My x-ray looked fine (beautiful, in fact, for a 40-something year old woman, he said!), so he didn’t want to do anything invasive, especially since it only bothered me during cycling.

So I “hmmm”ed and I “hawwww”ed and finally decided to visit my son’s chiropractor. And guess what? After a few weeks, I can go back to spin class! WOW!!!

Does this mean that I believe that everything can be fixed by adjusting the back? NO WAY! But does this mean that I MIGHT start believing that chiropractors MIGHT know what they’re doing SOME of the time? Well, I’ll give them that much!!!

 

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment