Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Funny- Hey Lady! Did You Know...?

As an alum, The Hubs is a huge Mizzou Fan. In the words of Z2,"You have to know, he takes being a Mizzou Fan very seriously." So seriously, in fact, that my car has a Tiger Tail. I've resigned myself to it. I've thought about tying some purple ribbon on it (Go Wildcats!), but I know it would not be worth the heck I'd get for it. And actually, during football season, having the tail hang out of my trunk makes it supremely easy to find my car in the parking lot, which admittedly is NOT one of my strengths. 
Usually, we get some honks, or a toddler will pass by the car in amazement, believing there really IS a tiger in the trunk. The wonderment on their faces is priceless. Being close to St. Louis, where there are a plethora of Mizzou grads (we're only 1 1/2 hours away from Mizzou), people are accustomed to seeing things like this. But this September, it seems to have caused quite a stir. 


I've been flagged down on the highway.


Stopped in parking lots.


Had numerous people try to get my attention with different gestures. (I'm choosing to believe those gestures were signs of support).


Most recently, I had a man stop me in the parking lot as I'm trying to get home early one morning from an emergency milk run. 


"Excuse me, ma'am," he said in his thick, East Indies accent,"Do you know you have a tail hanging out of your trunk?"


"Mmhmm," I reply. "It's supposed to be there."


"Supposed to be there? You mean, you WANT it hanging out of the trunk?"


"Yes, I do. My husband is a Tigers fan," I explain.


"A Tiger fan? Why would you want a tail hanging out of the trunk?" he asked.


"Uhm, you know... Mizzou... Go Tigers!... Mizzou-rah?"


He looked at me like I was nuts. I decided to go with it. Wanting to get out of the conversation and get home without being thought of as rude, I looked him dead in the eye and said," Honestly, it's the only way I can control the tiger. If I open the trunk, he'll jump out and then, well, where will we be?"


He backed away, I got in my car and made it home in time to feed my kids breakfast before school. 


Yours, rooting for the Tigers (unless they're playing K-State),


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment