Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Madness... Truly, it is!

T minus 40 and 3/4 hours and counting!

School starts on Wednesday morning. I know you've heard me say this before a LOT of posts...
I DO love my children, I really do. With all my lifeblood. With every ounce and fiber of my being.But the time has come.

I've never understood these women who say that being with their children 24/7 is absolutely glorious and wonderful and they would not trade ONE.SINGLE.MINUTE of it for anything.
Honestly? Are they just absolutely CRACKED? Did I miss something while I was standing in the motherhood line? Because I can think of quite a few minutes.

Like the ones that make me pull over to the side of the road, put the car in park, turn off the engine, pull out a magazine and say,"When you all can get it together back there and stop your foolishness, I will turn the car back on and we will go."

Or the ones where you know your child is coming 5 blocks away because they are THAT loud.

Or when they have a total meltdown in public because you won't give them what they want.

Or when they tell your business to the entire PTO (PTA).

Yes, there are many, many minutes I would NOT trade, but at this point in summer vacation, I'm ready for a little quiet. Can I get a witness out there?????


Yours, warming up my version of The Hallelujah Chorus for Wednesday morning,

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I don't know the Hallelujah Chorus, but I'll be right there with ya on Wednesday morning!

    ReplyDelete